Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cazookies, Surgery, and Fame. OH MY!

Okay, so there are like a BAJILLION things I've been needing to blog about and I used to think they should all have their own posts, but now I'm just too far behind so here's a recap of the last few weeks of my life. If you require or desire further details on any or all items, please leave a comment or contact me via cell phone.

The week after my performance at the AtTask Annual User Conference (see entry from two posts ago) involved almost the same amount of craziness. (By the way, if you'd like to see the uncut video recording of the show [about 90 mins], click HERE. An HD and edited version is coming shortly).  First, my friend Erica came to visit from DC. We had a fabulous chick date that included dinner at Zupas, a delicious Cazookie from The Chocolate, and lots of catching up.
The Cazookie. 
How I felt about the Cazookie (AND seeing Erica, of course). And now that I think about it, that color orange is really doing good things for me, huh? Note to self: Add orange to wardrobe.

The next morning, we got up early and reported to UVRMC (the Provo Hospital) for me to have surgery on my sinuses. 

Waiting to be on the operating table. I know, I know, I make hospital gowns look good, right? haha KIDDING! I sent this pic to a few family members and friends just before the surgery with a caption that said "It's Go Time. See you on the other side." I will spare you the ugly pictures of after the surgery, when I had a huge piece of white gauze taped beneath my nose. I spent the rest of my 3-day President's Weekend Holiday recovering from surgery. In fact, It took until about three days ago for me to finally start feeling good again. Apparently prescription pain pills and I don't mix. Which I guess is a good thing since so many people are addicted to them these days. No chance of that here. The stupid things make me extra nauseous. Luckily, I had my brother and quite a few friends who took really good care of me during the recovery time. I am very grateful to be so blessed. 

AND as most of you know, I am a HUGE BYU SPORTS FAN. And when I say sports, I really mean the only ones that really matter: Football and Basketball. Mostly Football. But especially basketball right now because we have a BALLER team.

That's them. (Though after the recent Brandon Davies fiasco, I guess there's one less person now... but we don't really want to talk about that.) But these are some seriously talented athletes (uh hem, #32 and #4). This week, the team has been ranked #3 in the nation. Last night was the game that we also will not speak of other than to say that I went, sat on the 8th row in the student section, and made a sign that has now gone viral. It was featured on the front page of ESPN.com, USA Today, and is now all over Facebook as random people's profile avatar. 

Here's the images from ESPN.com and USA Today:
Yes, OF COURSE I took screen shots. I've been waiting my whole life for something I've written to be read by millions of people. I have now finally achieved that and can cross it off of my list of things to do before I die. I had no idea that I should ever get so lucky. And I'm glad that thing was something good like sending love to somebody who I'm sure really needs it right now. Plus, it makes BYU fans look like they have class in the face of adversity, which is also a bonus. 

And that's what I've been up to. 
Over and Out.

2 comments:

Hayley Marie said...

You blogged and that makes me happy :) I'm glad you are better and can smell again and that even after having surgery, you got up and made ME cookies... you are the best roommate!

noel staples said...

awww- i didn't know you were having surgery! i'm glad you came out ok though. that hospital picture is seriously awesome- i'm jealous of your "cute-in-a-patient-gown" abilities; just because i will be having to wear one of those within the next couple weeks, and have this suspicion that i don't quite possess the same talents. :)
PS: thumbs up on your sign. that's seriously awesome too.