Because I did. Last weekend - for the 3 day weekend. It was the closest thing to "spontaneous" I've done in a while. Which is saying something, if you know me and know that I like to plan things in advance and all that. But this was great because I didn't have to plan it, I just had to show up and everything was taken care of for me. And let me tell you, I never knew I could have so much, um... we'll say, "wholesome" fun in Vegas!
Don't worry, I took pictures for you.
On Saturday, I did the following:
First I ate breakfast at a restaurant called Hash House A Go Go. If you ever get a chance to go there, do it! It's delicious. I had biscuits and gravy. Soooo good (though not as good as the ones my Gramps makes... true southern style, clogged artery type good).
Then I went and saw the Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio. This one was really cool because it's designed to make you feel like a bug in a garden... and you know what? I DID feel like a bug in a garden... as soon as I was standing next to a giant snail made out of roses!
Also at the Bellagio I saw this wonderous contraption -- the largest chocolate fountain I've ever seen! Is it bad that I was seriously tempted to break the glass around it and just take a bath?
After the Bellagio we took a futuristic looking tram thing over to the new Vegas City Center... which is like a huge, upscale mall.
Inside the city center there were a lot of really cool displays... like these giant whirlpool tubes that made me think of my Mom and when she used to teach 6th grade science.
Another cool display in the City Center is these giant popsicle ice sculptures. Yes, I touched one. No, you're not supposed to touch them.
After the Bellagio we headed over to Mandalay Bay where we visited the Shark Reef, which was awesome.
While I was there I got to pet some stingrays (yes, I touched that giant one... he was slimy. And yes, I used hand sanitizer directly afterwords).
And these things were my favorites (other than the jelly fish). Not sure what they're called, Lion Fish maybe?
After Mandalay Bay we took a ride on the Manhattan Express at New York, New York. Fast, scary, and not smooth at all. But still a good time.
Next I got to go over and see the Vegas Temple, which is beautiful - a nice little haven outside the strip.
After the temple we got some dinner and watched the fountain shows at the Bellagio... which are awesome! And beautiful at night.
Right across the street from the fountains is the Vegas miniature version of the Paris Eiffel Tower... seeing it all lit up brought back memories of my time with the real thing... which is about 10xs this size. No comparison.
And of course I can't forget this guy... the extra talented Mime outside the Bellagio... all I ever saw him do was stand there and move his right wrist up and down. Oh, except once I saw someone tip him and he did one unidentifiable skit and then went back to wrist movements. I honestly think he was under the influence of something... but he made me laugh so... WORTH IT!
The grand finale of the whole eventful day was a surprise trip to the Venetian where I got to see Phantom... Vegas Style! I'd never seen it before, but I love the music (and of course, the movie) so that was totally exciting! All around, one of the most laid back and fun days ever. I had not a care in the world and I got to experience Vegas outside of the filth factor. I think I can say I don't totally HATE Vegas anymore.
And that's my Vegas trip. So much for "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas," huh?

No comments:
Post a Comment